2nd Update (18:30pm EST, Dec 20th, 2015)
- Issues resolved: Updated SSL browser certificates have been installed. All services should now be accessible as before.
If your web browser continues to throw an error when accessing Araport services, please clear your browser cache and try again.
Thank you for your continued patience!
Update (12:30pm EST, Dec 20th, 2015)
Araport server transition to TACC is now complete.
- Services restored: ThaleMine, JBrowse, WebApollo applications, and the search box
- Issues, yet to be resolved: "Secure Connection Failed: Certificate Revoked" error thrown by the web browser
- Reason for Error: Araport and ThaleMine run on different hosts and each creates a secure connection, and these connections reference the secure certificate. The Araport situation is unchanged but so far we have not managed to reconfigure the certificate to work on ThaleMine's new host. It is your browser warning you “certificate revoked”. Most browsers give you an option to proceed. If yours does not, you could try another browser. Thereafter, the browser will cross out “https” in the URL to indicate the data is being transmitted over an insecure, unencrypted connection. Despite this warning, it should not expose you to any risk.
- Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience!
Original Posting (Dec 17th, 2015)
Araport users: Expect a partial outage on Dec 18 2015.
- Going offline: ThaleMine, JBrowse, WebApollo, the search box.
- Remaining online: Science Apps, Web Services, Contact us.
- Reason for outage: We will relocate to new servers to prepare for continued growth.
- Not to worry: Users’ saved queries and lists will remain in place.
- Restoration of service: A green message on the home page will sound the all clear.
- Questions? Send email to email@example.com
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please check back soon. Thank you!